- Previously unreleased fixes that are included in this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these fixes include improvements in stability, performance, and security.
- All the monthly security updates that were released through January 2014, and all the Cumulative Updates that were released through December 2013.
In addition, this service pack also fixes the following issue:
The Search box is missing after installing the public update such as MS13-100 (KB 2850058 ). You may receive the "Sorry something went wrong" error message when you try to access the Search Center.
How to obtain and install the service packThe following file is available for download from Microsoft Download Center: For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about a complete list of all released SP1 server packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Overview of SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 improvementsThe following are the key areas of improvement that are offered by this SP1:
- Provides compatibility with Windows Server 2012 R2.
Note Requires a new installation of the full product from media.
- Improves compatibility with Internet Explorer 11.
- Provides ability to connect on-premises SharePoint users to OneDrive for Business (formerly SkyDrive Pro) in the cloud for their personal site storage.
- A new setting lets site administrators turn off the main SharePoint social newsfeed while adding a link to Yammer (off by default).