When you start a Surface Pro device, you may notice that the initial startup background screen is red and that the Surface logo is displayed in white letters.
This issue may occur if you change the default factory Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings on the Surface Pro.
To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:
- Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while you are starting the Surface Pro device.
- Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
- Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
- Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
- Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.
The red screen is a indicator to the user that the default UEFI settings were changed.