Important When you install this update (KB2887595) from Windows Update, KB2898514, KB2901101, KB2906956, and KB2908174 are included in the installation.
This article describes the update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 that is dated November 2013. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines.
Issues that this update fixes
This update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2888929 "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" Stop error when a driver tries to close static streams for USB 3.0 devices in Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2890140 Compatibility update is available for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2: November 2013
- 2890783 Incompatibility between Windows 8.1 roaming user profiles and other earlier versions of Windows roaming user profiles
- 2896636 You cannot use certain third-party devices to send a document to a shared folder in Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2897143 Certain application or device that use NVMe interface do not work correctly in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2897149 Error message when you run the Set-FileStorageTier cmdlet in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2897150 Storage Spaces volumes go offline and then online continuously in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2897632 Logon screen turns black in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2897955 Update improves the performance of P2P video conferencing and enables HD Skype conferencing in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2897999 Deadlock condition occurs when you enable the data deduplication feature on a CSV volume in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2898751 Bcd.dll is missing from "<SystemDrive>:\Windows\SysWow64" in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2898803 All client backup settings are removed after you start the Windows Server Essentials Management Service in Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- 2900547 Office 365 distribution group members are not displayed in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2901069 Files are not synchronized between client devices and the Work Folders server in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2901095 Error message when you try to search for apps in the Windows Store in Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2901388 Update enables you to run the 32-bit version of Windows Store apps for Windows 8 in the 64-bit version of Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2901421 Update is available that prevents SQM data-collection in Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2902864 Update removes the "Windows 8.1 SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" watermark in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2896349 USB 3.0 Bluetooth device still drains power when computer is in sleep mode in Windows
- 2906956 "0x80240017" error when you try to install a Windows Store app in Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2891709 Windows Store video or camera apps freeze after you reopen the lid of a Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, or Windows RT 8.1-based laptop
- 2894464 Error message when you try to schedule a shadow copy task in Windows Server 2012 R2 or in Windows Server 2012
- 2896800 Hyper-V guest OS does not shut down when you restart the host computer that is running Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1
How to obtain the updateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is automatically installed.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you immediately install this update through Windows Update.
Known issueAfter you install this update on a computer that has certain drivers installed (including Rtbth.sys and Netr28x.sys), the computer may crash. Additionally, you receive an AV_NULL_IP_BTHUSB!USBD_CreateHandle error message.
We are working with the driver manufacturer to resolve this issue. For now, Windows Update does not offer this update for computers that have certain drivers installed (including Rtbth.sys and Netr28x.sys).
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, or Windows RT 8.1.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates