- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update website now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
Prerequisites to apply this security updateTo install this security update, you must have Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) 5.8 installed on the computer.
VBScript 5.8 is installed by the following:
- Internet Explorer 8
- Internet Explorer 9.0
- Internet Explorer 10.0
- Internet Explorer 11.0
- Windows 7 (x86-based and x64-based)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64-based and Itanium-based)
- Windows 8 (x86-based and x64-based)
- Windows RT
- Windows 2012 (x64-based)
- Windows 8.1 (x86-based and x64-based)
- Windows RT 8.1
- Windows 2012 R2 (x64-based)
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Locate the following directory:%systemroot% \System32
- Right-click the Vbscript.dll file, and then click
- Click the Details tab to view the contents of the File Version field. For example, the file version may be 5.8.6001.18702.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this security update.
Security update replacement informationThis security update replaces the following security update:
Removal informationTo remove this security update, do one of the following:
- Use the Add or Remove Programs item or the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
- Use the Spuninst.exe utility that is located in the %Windir%\$NTUninstallKB981332$\Spuninst folder.
- WUSA.exe does not support uninstalling updates. To uninstall an update that was installed by WUSA, click Control Panel, and then click Security. Under Windows Update, click View installed updates, and then select from the list of updates.