Be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- Files are merged unexpectedly in Office 2016 applications in background if files are in local working conflict.
- Office 2016 applications may crash when you open a document from OneDrive during coauthoring.
- Assume that you coauthor a document in Microsoft Word 2016. Then, you leave the real-time collaboration session. When you resume the session in Word 2016, Word 2016 freezes.
- Using Word 2016 to open a file that's stored on SharePoint 2013 will lock the file on the server, and may prevent other users from editing the file during coauthoring.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB2920679 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB2920679 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Open an Office 2016 application, such as Word 2016.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 2920679 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2