This article describes the update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 that is dated March 2014. This update rollup package includes performance and reliability improvements for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines.
This update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2914387 Address AD object renaming issues when success auditing is enabled
- 2918550 DNS server runs out of nonpaged pool memory when IPsec is used and there's a large volume of UDP traffic
- 2921501 Sppsvc.exe crashes when you activate Windows 8.1 in offline scenarios
- 2921502 Token activation cannot activate Windows 8.1 when multiple certificates are available
- 2923122 One or more properties are invalid error when you run the Get-ADUser or Get-ADComputer cmdlet
- 2923763 Improvements to crash dump file handling in WER in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2926970 Play To freezes when you play videos from a Windows RT 8.1 Qualcomm device to a DMR device
- 2929447 Other monitors are not clipped when you limit sharing to one monitor in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2929546 4K/UHD video content may not be correctly played back through Media foundation in Windows
- 2929881 0x80070005 error when you run DPM jobs in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2
How to obtain the update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is automatically installed.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you immediately install this update through Windows Update.
Microsoft Download CenterYou can also obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. For more information, go to the Microsoft Download Center, and then search for KB2928680.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, or Windows RT 8.1.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2928680 - Last Review: Mar 12, 2014 - Revision: 1
Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows RT 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard