Consider the following scenario:
- You create a restore point on a computer that is running Windows 8.1.
- You change some settings or install live updates.
- You try to restore the system to the system restore point that you created.
- System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed.
- System Restore could not access a file. This is probably because an anti-virus program is running on the computer. Temporarily disable your antivirus program and retry System Restore.
- An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070005)
This issue occurs because the desktop.ini file for the Microsoft OneDrive folder is read-only. The System Restore fails because the desktop.ini file does not change.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2955164. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2955164 Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: May 2014
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates