- For individual, small business and organizational users, use the Windows automatic updating feature to install the fixes from Microsoft Update. To do this, see Get security updates automatically on the Microsoft Safety and Security Center website.
- For IT professionals, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS14-021.
- Systems that are running Internet Explorer versions 6 through 10.
- Systems that are running Internet Explorer 11 and have security update 2929437 or 2919355 installed.
Note Systems that do not have security update 2929437 or 2919355 installed should have install security update 2964444 installed.
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates:
Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
Known issues with this security update
- Internet Explorer will crash if you try to install this security update on a Windows 7-based system that does not already have security update 2929437 installed. To avoid this issue, take either of the following actions:
- Install security update 2929437, and then install security update 2964358. For more information about security update 2929437, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 2929437 Description of the security update for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: April 8, 2014
- Install security update 2964444 instead of security update 2964358. Security update 2964444 is intended for systems that do not have security update 2929437 installed.
- Install security update 2929437, and then install security update 2964358. For more information about security update 2929437, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to determine whether you are running a 32-bit or a 64-bit edition of WindowsIf you are not sure which version of Windows that you are running or whether it is a 32-bit version or 64-bit version, open System Information (Msinfo32.exe), and review the value that is listed for System Type. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run, or click Start Search.
- Type msinfo32.exe and then press Enter.
- In System Information, review the value for System Type.
- For 32-bit editions of Windows, the System Type value is x86-based PC.
- For 64-bit editions of Windows, the System Type value is x64-based PC.