How to obtain this update
Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
|All supported x86-based versions of Windows 8.1 or of Windows 8||Download the package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows 8.1 or of Windows 8||Download the package now.|
Additional steps of configuration requirementAfter you install the 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver.msi file, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Legacy1394.inf file under one of the following paths based on the computer's architecture:
- C:\Program Files\1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)\x86_driver
- C:\Program Files\1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)\x64_driver
- Click Install.
- Open Device Manager in Control Panel.
- Expand IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers, and then locate the host controller.
- Right-click the host controller, and then click Update Driver Software.
The screen shot of the host controller and the Update Driver Software is listed in the following example:
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click Generic1394 OHCI compliant host controller (Legacy), and then click the Next button.
- Click the Close button.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Registry informationTo apply this update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Steps of uninstalling the 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver.msi file
- Open Control Panel in the Category view.
- Click Uninstall a program in Control Panel.
- Right-click 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy), and then click Uninstall.
The screen shot of uninstalling the 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy) is listed in the following example:
Additional package information
- This driver is only intended to work with legacy 1394 host controllers. Therefore, you may experience lower transfer data rates than the 1394b driver.
- The driver is intended to resolve compatibility issues for 1394 peripherals on 1394b systems. If you are not experiencing these issues, you should continue to use inbox drivers that are provided in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
- You have to reinstall this stand-alone driver package if you upgrade to a newer operating system version in the future.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: