The October 2014 Windows RT 8, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 update rollup package resolves issues, and includes performance and reliability improvements. We recommend that you apply this update rollup as part of your regular maintenance routines. Check out the fixed issues in this update.
Issues that this update fixes
This update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- 2996808 Gray conversion of the RGB color is printed incorrectly through a PCL 6 version 4 driver in Windows
- 2996534 Rotated images in PowerPoint 2013 are printed incorrectly when you use XPS in Windows
- 2996502 Sitka fonts cannot be printed correctly by using an XPS print driver in Windows
- 2988609 You cannot print fax by using a fax modem in Windows
- 2979583 Additional thick line is printed on a page that has an Excel chart in Windows
- 2974313 A domain controller freezes when an event subscription manager list is long in Windows
- 2990170 Multipath I/O identifies different disks as the same disk in Windows
How to obtain this update
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update is provided as an Important update from Windows Update. To obtain this update from Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- Tap or click Settings.
- In the search box, type Windows Update.
- Tap or click Install optional updates.
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center You can also obtain the stand-alone update package through the Microsoft Download Center.
Download the x86-based Windows 8 update package now.
Download the x64-based Windows 8 update package now.
Download the x64-based Windows Server 2012 update package now.
Note The update for Windows RT can be obtained only from Windows Update.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere is no prerequisite to apply this update.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
File informationThe following table lists the thumbprints of the certificates that are used to sign the updates (.msu). Verify the certificate thumbprint in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article against the certificate thumbprint indicated on the update that you download.
|File name||SHA1 and SHA2|
For more information about Windows Update, go to the following Microsoft websites:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates