If you plan to deploy this cumulative update on an AlwaysOn configuration, you must read the following Knowledge Base article before you do this:
This article describes cumulative update package 4 (Build number: 11.0.5569.0) for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This update contains hotfixes for issues that were fixed after the release of SQL Server 2012 SP2.
Click "Hotfix Download Available" at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If the "Hotfix Request" page doesn't appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply The most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2012 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server installation to the latest SQL Server 2012 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
When you deploy the hotfixes to a hybrid environment (Such as AlwaysOn, replication, cluster, mirroring, and cluster), we recommend that you go and refer to the following articles before you deploy them:
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests service restart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, see the information about SSIS with AlwaysOn.
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2012 SP2.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.
Article ID: 3007556 - Last Review: Jan 23, 2015 - Revision: 1
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Developer, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Web, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence, SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services