Note RDP represents Remote Desktop Protocol.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have update 2919355 installed in Windows Server 2012 R2.
Registry informationTo enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Right-click WinStations, click New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new registry entry as IgnoreClientDesktopScaleFactor.
- Double-click the IgnoreClientDesktopScaleFactor registry entry.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 in the Value data field, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- To enable the Dynamic DPI sync feature, set the IgnoreClientDesktopScaleFactor registry entry value to 0, or delete the registry entry.
- You have to restart the server after the registry is changed.