This issue occurs if the workbook was previously opened and refreshed in a newer version of Excel.
- Open the Excel workbook.
- On the Data ribbon, click the Connections button.
- In the Workbook Connections dialog box, select the connection to the Access database, and then click Properties.
- In the Connection Properties dialog box, click the Definition tab.
- Delete the following parameters from the connection string:Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False;
Jet OLEDB:Limited DB Caching=False;
Jet OLEDB:Bypass ChoiceField Validation=False
- In the Connection Properties dialog box, click OK. At this point your data should be refreshed.
- In the Workbook Connections dialog box, click Close, and then save the updated workbook.