This article describes cumulative update package 16 (Build number: 11.0.3492.0) for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1). This update contains hotfixes for issues that were fixed after the release of SQL Server 2012 SP1.
How to obtain this cumulative update package
Click "Hotfix Download Available" at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If the "Hotfix Request" page doesn't appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description||Fix area|
|4474328||3054530||FIX: Corruption occurs on the page of secondary replica when you change the secondary replica to unreadable||SQL service|
|4217349||3042629||FIX: Error 33415 occurs when you restart the SQL Server service or alter database in SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
|1335674||2867316||FIX: You cannot restore a SQL Server 2012 or 2014 database in the Microsoft Azure binary large object storage service||SQL service|
|4225562||2970136||FIX: Cannot remove backup file after you restore the database from Windows Azure in SQL Server 2014 or SQL Server 2012||SQL service|
Notes for this update
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2012 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server to the latest SQL Server 2012 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
When you deploy the hotfixes to a hybrid environment (Such as AlwaysOn, replication, cluster, mirroring, and cluster), we recommend that you go and refer to the following articles before you deploy them:
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests service restart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, see the information about SSIS with AlwaysOn.
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
Cumulative update package information
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2012 SP1.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.