To add your locally stored music to Groove:
- Open the Music app.
- Select Settings and then select Preferences.
- Select Choose where we look for music on this PC.
- Tap or click the “+” button to see your local folders.
- Select a folder, select Add this folder to Music to add the folder.
- After you've added all your music folders, select Done.
- Select the “X” in the upper-right corner of the folder tile.
- Select Remove Folder to confirm.
Note You can’t remove the last folder. The collection needs at least one folder to work.
- Once you've removed all the folders you want to remove, tap or click Done.
If you have music stored externally (for example, on a USB flash drive or an external hard drive):
You can add music from a USB flash drive or external hard drive directly to the library.
If you have music stored on a network or network access storage (NAS) drive:
To use a network drive with the Music app:
- The drive must be hosted by a Windows operating system.
- You must have Windows Search and Desktop Experience features installed.
- You must enable Indexing for the share.
Article ID: 3077721 - Last Review: Oct 19, 2015 - Revision: 1