Requirements to get the app for free
You are eligible to get the Windows DVD Player app for free if you upgrade to Windows 10 from the following Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
Soon after you upgrade to Windows 10, the Windows DVD Player app will be automatically downloaded through Windows Update.
Important notes for the app
- This free offer is available for a limited time.
- The app isn't available if you do a clean installation of Windows 10 instead of an upgrade.
- If you upgrade from an edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 that doesn’t include Media Center, you may buy the Windows DVD Player or another app that plays DVDs in the Windows Store.
How to obtain this updateThis update is available from Windows Update.
After the update is installed, find it by searching Windows DVD Player in the Start menu.