- The battery life is decreased.
- The device is warm to the touch after you take it out of the bag or sleeve.
- The battery is dead after the device sits overnight or for a shorter period in which you would not expect it to drain.
- Click the Windows icon.
- Type Power Options.
- Select the Power Options control panel.
- Choose your current power plan.
- Click Change plan settings.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Click Sleep.
- Click Hibernate After.
- Set the time period after which to hibernate.
powercfg /setdcvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT 238c9fa8-0aad-41ed-83f4-97be242c8f20 9d7815a6-7ee4-497e-8888-515a05f02364 14400The powercfg setting is entered in seconds. For example 4 hours=14400 seconds.
2 hours: 7200
1 hour: 3600
For more information about Windows 8.1 behavior, see the following KB article:
Article ID: 3092579 - Last Review: Oct 19, 2015 - Revision: 1