This article describes cumulative update package 9 (build 11.0.5641.0) for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (SP2). This update contains hotfixes for issues that were fixed after the release of SQL Server 2012 SP2.
How to get this cumulative update package
Click "Hotfix Download Available" at the top of this Microsoft Knowledge Base article. If the "Hotfix Request" page doesn't appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to get the cumulative update package.
Notes for this update
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package fixes only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included in the previous SQL Server 2012 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your instance of SQL Server to the latest SQL Server 2012 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
When you deploy the hotfixes to a hybrid environment (such as AlwaysOn, replication, cluster, mirroring, and cluster), we recommend that you refer to the following articles before you deploy the hotfixes:
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process
If you don't want to use the rolling update process, you should follow these steps in order to apply a cumulative update or service pack:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node. (This step requests a service restart.)
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss
Note If you enabled AlwaysOn together with the SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a cumulative update or service pack in these environments, see the information about SSIS with AlwaysOn.
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
Cumulative update package information
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2012 SP2.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates