This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 11 for Microsoft System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager Service Pack 1 (SP1). There is one update available for System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) that applies to the VMM Server. No changes were made to the Administrator Console or Guest Agent in Update Rollup 11. Additionally, this article contains installation instructions for Update Rollup 11 for System Center 2012 SP1 VMM.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
Virtual Machine Manager
- Issue 1: The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) state is inconsistent on hosts during networking. In this case, a NULL reference exception is thrown that crashes the VMM Service.
- Issue 2: During Virtual Machine Refresh, if the volume object that is returned is NULL for the VM or VHD location, VMM throws a NULL reference exception.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 11 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1Update packages for Virtual Machine Manager are available from Windows Update or by manual download from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Windows UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Windows Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Virtual Machine Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.