About SQL Native Client (SNAC) fixesMicrosoft now releases hotfix updates to the SQL Server 2012 Native Client (SNAC) as separate downloads through the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Additionally, Microsoft will not be releasing a SQL Server 2014 or later version of the SQL Server Native Client. SQL Server 2014 and later versions can continue to use the SQL Server 2012 Native Client (version 11 files, such as Sqlncli11.dll).
Together with the hotfixes in SQL Server 2014 SP1 CU4, the following updates to the SQL Server 2012 Native Client are now available.
|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description||Fix area|
|5829946||3100451||FIX: "Invalid cursor position" error when you retrieve spatial data by using SQLSetPos function in SQL Server 2014||SQL connectivity|
How to get this cumulative update package
Hotfixes that are included in this cumulative update package
Notes for this update
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2014 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade SQL Server to the next SQL Server 2014 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process
Note If you don't want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps to apply a service pack:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests service restart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss
Note If you enabled AlwaysOn with the SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a service pack in these environments, see the information about SSIS with AlwaysOn.
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
Cumulative update package information
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2014 SP1.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2014.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.