This article describes an update for Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.0 RTM through Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. Before you install this update, see the Prerequisites section.
About this update
Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.0 brings functionality that has been updated from WMF 4.0. Some of the new and updated features in this update include:
- Just Enough Administration (JEA)
- Creating Custom Types using PowerShell Classes
- Improvements in PowerShell Script Debugging
- Improvements in Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Audit PowerShell Usage using Transcription and Logging
- Software Discovery, Install and Inventory with PackageManagement
- PowerShell Module Discovery, Install and Inventory with PowerShellGet
- PowerShell Script Discovery, Install and Management with PowerShellGet
- New and updated cmdlets based on community feedback
- Information Stream
- Generate PowerShell Cmdlets based on OData Endpoint
- Network Switch Management with PowerShell
- Software Inventory Logging (SIL)
How to get this update
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the WMF 5.0 RTM package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Update detail information
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
Additionally, you must have WMF 4.0 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above installed.
Registry informationTo apply this update, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update doesn't replace a previously released update.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is an update in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.