Get Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2016
- The Cumulative Update 2 package can be used to run a new installation of Exchange Server 2016 or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2016 installation to Cumulative Update 2.
- It isn't necessary to install any Exchange Server 2016 cumulative updates or service packs that were released before Cumulative Update 2 before you install this update.
Issues that the cumulative update fixes
This cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- KB 3171162 You cannot search emails in Outlook or Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2016 Cumulative Update 1 environment
- KB 3164346 Cannot connect to a mailbox when MAPI over HTTP protocol is used in an on-premises Exchange Server 2016 installation
- KB 3163039 Email message body is garbled when Simplified Chinese characters are included on BCC line in an Exchange Server environment
- KB 3162968 "Failed to load script" error when you log on to OWA and select a language
- KB 3161916 Data loss may occur during public folder migration to Exchange 2013, Exchange 2016, or Exchange Online
- KB 3126723 Retention policy doesn't work on the In-Place Archive mailbox in Exchange Server
This cumulative update also fixes the issues that are described in the KB 3160339 MS16-079: Security update for Microsoft Exchange: June 14, 2016 and KB 3134844 Cumulative Update 1 for Exchange Server 2016Microsoft Knowledge Base articles.
This update also includes new daylight saving time (DST) updates for Exchange Server 2016. For more information about DST, go to Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center.
Cumulative update information
PrerequisitesFor more information about the prerequisites before the setup of Exchange Server 2016, see Exchange 2016 prerequisites.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationYou don't have to make any changes to the registry after you apply this cumulative update package.
Removal informationAfter you install this cumulative update package, you can't uninstall the package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange Server 2016. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange Server 2016 is removed from the server.
For more information about the coexistence of Exchange Server 2016 and earlier versions of Exchange Server in the same environment, see Exchange 2016 system requirements.
For more information about other Exchange updates, see Exchange Server updates: Build numbers and release dates.