This update may not be offered concurrently to all platforms. It will be available only to platforms for which there are new definitions available.
This update has prerequisites.
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update is provided as a Recommended update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update.
Method 2: Microsoft Update CatalogTo get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Note You must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or a later version.
Update detail information
PrerequisitesThis update will be offered only if the following prerequisite updates are installed:
- On Windows 10 Version 1607: the March 14, 2017, cumulative update (KB4013429)
- On Windows 10 Version 1511: the August 9, 2016, cumulative update (KB3176493 )
- On Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: update 2976978
- On Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1): update 2952664
- On Windows 7 RTM: update 2977759
Registry informationTo apply this update, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update doesn't replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 3150513 - Last Review: May 23, 2017 - Revision: 28