About the .NET Framework 4.6.2
The offline package can be used in situations in which the web installer cannot be used because of lack of Internet connectivity. This package is larger than the web installer and does not include the language packs. We recommend that you use the web installer instead of the offline installer for optimal efficiency and bandwidth requirements.
When you install this package, you can see following packages or updates installed as per operating system:
- In Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 is displayed as an installed product under Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- In Windows Server 2012, Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3151804) is displayed under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
- In Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2, Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3151864) is displayed under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
- In Windows 10 (Version 1507) and Windows 10 November Update (Version 1511), Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3151900) is displayed as an installed product under Installed Updates in Control Panel.
Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 offline installer package now.
For Windows RT 8.1:
Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, see How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services.
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
This version of the .NET Framework runs side-by-side with the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and earlier versions, but it performs an in-place update for the .NET Framework 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, and 4.6.1.
Command-line switches for this updateFor the information about the various command-line options that are supported by this update, see the "Command-Line options" section in the .NET Framework Deployment Guide for Developers.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update. We recommend that you exit all applications that are using the .NET Framework before you install this update.
Applies toThe .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer) supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 10 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 10 November Update (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)