Issues that this update fixesThis update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- KB3154228 32-bit icons can't be loaded in OleLoadPictureEx in Windows
- KB3153727 Windows Installer with certain actions can't be installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- KB3161647 Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016
- KB3161897 WDS deployment fails when UEFI clients are in routed environments in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- KB3161639 Update to add new cipher suites to Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge in Windows
- KB3163644 Microsoft Office 2010 doesn't start when EMET is enabled in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
Known issues in this update
Assume that you are running Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) on a computer on which update 3175024 is installed. When you try to start an application, the application freezes very early in the process and does not completely start.
This issue occurs because the Export Address table Filtering (EAF) mitigation is active on the application.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods to disable the EAF mitigation on all applications.
Select a running process in EMET, press and hold (or right-click) Configure Process, and then clear the EAF check box on each running application. The following screen shots show these steps.
In Group Policy, add an Application Configuration Group Policy setting that disables EAF for all processes by using an asterisk (*) as a wildcard character for the value name.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
Article ID: 3161608 - Last Review: Sep 17, 2016 - Revision: 1