Get Cumulative Update 4 for Exchange Server 2016
- The Cumulative Update 4 package can be used to run a new installation of Exchange Server 2016 or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2016 installation to Cumulative Update 4.
- It's not necessary to install any Exchange Server 2016 cumulative updates or service packs that were released before Cumulative Update 4 before you install this update.
Issues that the cumulative update fixes
- KB 3202691 Public folders indexing doesn't work correctly after you apply latest cumulative updates for Exchange Server
- KB 3201358 Set-Mailbox and New-Mailbox cmdlets prevent the use of the -Office parameter in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 3202998 FIX: MSExchangeOWAAppPool application pool consumes memory when it recycles and is marked as unresponsive by Health Manager
- KB 3208840 Messages for the health mailboxes are stuck in queue on Exchange Server 2016
- KB 3186620 Mailbox search from Exchange Management Shell fails with invalid sort value in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 3199353 You can't select the receive connector role when you create a new receive connector in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 3201350 IMAP "unread" read notifications aren’t suppressed in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 3209036 FIX: "Logs will not be generated until the problem is corrected" is logged in an Exchange Server 2016 environment
- KB 3212580 Editing virtual directory URLs by using EAC clears all forms of authentication in Exchange Server 2016
Cumulative update information
PrerequisitesFor more information about the prerequisites before the setup of Exchange Server 2016, see Exchange 2016 prerequisites.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationYou don't have to make any changes to the registry after you apply this cumulative update package.
Removal informationAfter you install this cumulative update package, you can't uninstall the package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange Server 2016. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange Server 2016 is removed from the server.
For more information about the coexistence of Exchange Server 2016 and earlier versions of Exchange Server in the same environment, see Exchange 2016 system requirements.
For more information about other Exchange updates, see Exchange Server updates: Build numbers and release dates.