This public update delivers the first feature pack (Feature Pack 1) for SharePoint Server 2016 that contains the following features:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Auditing (preview)
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
Improvements and fixes
- When you start a crawl for a web application that's migrated from SharePoint Server 2013, the crawl fails, and the content isn't searchable. This issue occurs because the connector retrieves the TenantId property for two times.
- A new SPServer.CompliantWithMinRole property is added so that farm administrators can see the MinRole compliance status of each server in the farm without using Central Administration. You can see the server compliance status in Windows PowerShell by running:
Get-SPServer | FT -Property Address, Role, CompliantWithMinRole
- Sometimes psconfig copies side-by-side files unnecessarily.
- Improves word breaking for Thai.
- Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
- When PSConfig runs its tasks, it first stops certain services on the local server, such as the SharePoint Timer service. If you click Cancel before the final task runs to the end, or if PSConfig encounters an unexpected exception, it won't automatically restart the services that it stopped.
- In an upgrade, the log file would record warnings about avoiding an attempt to change the database version because it recognizes that this can't be done. This log file message severity is now changed from warnings to information so that administrators don't think an invalid action was performed during an upgrade.
- Fix an issue about the compilation of search query completion dictionaries. Query suggestions timer job sometimes fails because of duplicate key constraint violation.
- If you have a SharePoint 2013 site that uses a Serbian language pack, the site fails to upgrade when you attach the content database to SharePoint Server 2016. This is fixed.
Note Certain features in an upgraded Serbian site may not function correctly. This will be fixed in a future update.
- When you browse PWA pages that have HTML grids either in Internet Explorer standards or enterprise mode, you can't scroll pages because the scroll bars don't appear.
- Screen readers don't identify that the Delegate Name and the User Name fields on the Add Delegation page are required.