- To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version.
- If you already have Office for Mac 2011 installed, you can run Office for Mac 2011 and Office 2016 for Mac side-by-side. If you want to remove Office for Mac 2011, see Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac.
- If you are prompted for a password when you install this update, enter the administrator password on Mac OS X. For more information, see Mac OS X: Software installations require administrator password.
Improvements and fixesThis update provides the following fixes and improvements.
- 64-Bit Outlook: Enjoy improved reliability when you work in Outlook.
- View simplified summary cards in your travel confirmation and package delivery emails, and in your calendar. For Office 365 subscribers only when using Office 365 and new or upgraded Outlook.com accounts.
- Add the at sign (@) followed by a person's name to the body of an email or calendar item. That person will automatically be added to the To line of the message. For Office 365 subscribers only.
- Calendar view now shows the correct day and event.
- Removed duplicate organizer in the schedule assistant view.
- Fixed the default font preferences for plain text messages.
- 64-Bit Excel: Enjoy improved application performance and reliability when you work with very large files.
- Find and fix accessibility issues in your spreadsheets by using the Accessibility Checker on the Review tab.
- 64-Bit Word: Enjoy improved application performance and reliability when you work with very large files.
- Find and fix accessibility issues in your documents using the Accessibility Checker on the Review tab.
- 64-Bit PowerPoint: Enjoy improved application performance and reliability when you work with very large files.
- Make your slides more dynamic by adding an animated background image. For Office 365 subscribers only.
- Find and fix accessibility issues in your presentations by using the Accessibility Checker on the Review tab.
- 64-Bit OneNote: Enjoy improved reliability when you work in OneNote.
- Select what happens when your stylus is detected. Automatically switch to drawing, or keep using the stylus as a mouse.
- AutoUpdate no longer prompts for the local administrator password when it installs updates.
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Office 2016 for Mac 15.25 64-bit (Recommended)
- Office 2016 for Mac 15.25.1 32-bit (legacy compatibility)
- Office 2016 for Mac 15.25 32-bit (legacy compatibility)
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: