This article describes Cumulative Update Package 5 (build number: 11.0.6544.0) for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3 (SP3). This update contains fixes that were released after the release of SQL Server 2012 SP3.
- Cumulative updates are now available at the Microsoft Download Center.
- Only the most recent cumulative update that was released for SQL Server 2012 SP3 is available at the Download Center.
- All fixes that are described in this article will be included in all future SQL Server 2012 SP3 cumulative updates.
How to obtain this cumulative update package
Note After future cumulative updates are released for SQL Server 2012 SP3, this CU can be located and downloaded from the Microsoft Windows Update Catalog. However, Microsoft recommends that you install the latest cumulative update available.
If the download page does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
Note After future CUs are released for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3, this CU can be downloaded from the Microsoft Windows Update Catalog. However, we recommend that you install the latest CU that's available.
The Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services Attunity Oracle CDC Designer/Service Feature Pack is a stand-alone package which provides additional value for SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
Download the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services Attunity Oracle CDC Designer/Service Feature Pack package now.
Notes for this update
Hybrid environments deployment
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
If you don't want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests service restart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, see the information about SSIS with AlwaysOn.
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
Cumulative update package information
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2012 SP3.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
- Announcing updates to the SQL Server Incremental Servicing Model (ISM)
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012.
- The script to determine which version and edition of SQL Server Database Engine is running
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.