This article describes the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 offline installer for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607), Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2.
The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 is a highly compatible and in-place update to the Microsoft .NET Framework 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2.
The offline package can be used in situations in which the web installer cannot be used because of lack of Internet connectivity. This package is larger than the web installer and does not include the language packs. We recommend that you use the web installer instead of the offline installer for optimal efficiency and bandwidth requirements.
When you install this Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 package, you can see following packages or updates that are installed per operating system:
- On Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, it's listed as an installed product under the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
- On Windows Server 2012, it’s listed as Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3186505) under the Installed Updates item in Control Panel.
- On Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2, it’s listed as Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3186539) under the Installed Updates item in Control Panel.
- On Windows 10 Version 1607, it’s listed as Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3186568) under the Installed Updates item in Control Panel.
The .NET Framework 4.7 WPF features take a dependency on D3DCompiler_47.dll. By default, this D3DCompiler_47.dll isn't present in Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, or Windows Server 2012. Therefore, these platforms require D3DCompiler_47.dll to be installed for the .NET Framework 4.7 WPF features to work as expected. For D3DCompiler_47.dll installation information, see this known issues article.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, see How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services .
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
This version of the .NET Framework runs side-by-side with the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and earlier versions. However, it performs an in-place update for the .NET Framework 4, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, and 4.6.2.
Command-line switches for this update
For more information about the various command-line options that are supported by this update, see the "Command-Line options” section in the .NET Framework Deployment Guide for Developers.
You may have to restart the computer after you install this update. We recommend that you exit all applications that are using the .NET Framework before you install this update.
The .NET Framework 4.7 (Offline Installer) supports the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2016 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows 10 Version 1607 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8.1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
Article ID: 3186497 - Last Review: Jun 30, 2017 - Revision: 10