- You have a removable drive, such as an Iomega Zip drive, configured as drive letter C.
- You do not have a removable disk in the removable disk drive.
- Insert a removable disk in the removable drive before you start the computer.
- Change the drive letter assignment for the removable drive to a letter other than C.
To change the drive letter assignments in Windows XP, follow these steps:
- Log on to the computer as Administrator.
- Insert a disk in the removable drive.
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
- Click Disk Management.
- Right-click the partition, logical drive, or volume that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click the removable drive, click it, click
Change, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.