Microsoft Edge offers these Ease of Access options to help you browse the web more easily.
Zoom in on a webpage
In Microsoft Edge, select More , and then select Zoom in or Zoom out . Or, use the following keyboard shortcuts.
|Press this||To do this|
|Ctrl + plus sign (+)||Zoom in (25%)|
|Ctrl + minus sign (-)||Zoom out (25%)|
|Ctrl + zero (0)||Reset zoom level to 100%|
|Ctrl + Scroll wheel up||Zoom in|
|Ctrl + Scroll wheel down||Zoom out|
Read more comfortably
Reading view in Microsoft Edge provides a cleaner, simpler layout with fewer distractions. Change the reading view style and font size to what's most comfortable for you.
- In Microsoft Edge, navigate to a news article or other page that you want to read.
- Select Reading view on the address bar (it’s only available on some webpages).
- Select More > Settings.
- Under Reading, select a font size, and change the reading view style to Light, Medium, or Dark.
Use a keyboard to surf the web
Press the Tab key to move forward, and Shift + Tab to move backward through screen elements like these:
- Links that are text or images
- Text fields on website forms
- Hotspots on image maps
- The address bar
- HTML frames
Press the F6 key to move the focus from webpage content to the address bar, and back again. Press the F7 key to use caret browsing. This lets you select text and move around within a webpage using the Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, and arrow keys on your keyboard.
Use high contrast for better readability
To turn on high-contrast mode, press left Alt + Left Shift + Print Screen on your keyboard. Or, go to Settings > Ease of Access > High contrast. Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
Optimize search results for screen readers
Search for anything on the web or your device using the search box on the Windows taskbar. If you use a screen reader, follow these steps to make the web search results open in Internet Explorer instead of Microsoft Edge.
- In Microsoft Edge, select More > Settings > Advanced settings.
- Scroll down, and turn on Optimize taskbar web search results for screen readers.
Article ID: 4000734 - Last Review: Oct 4, 2016 - Revision: 29