This update includes quality improvements and security fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, and Windows Update.
- Fixed issue in the NT File system (NTFS) that caused some systems to hang while restarting.
- Improved support for USB 3.0 to mount Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) CD-ROM devices.
- Fixed issue that caused some drivers to fail during installation.
- Fixed issue that caused some apps to become unresponsive when used with an Input Method Editor.
- Fixed additional issues in Microsoft Graphics component, Internet Explorer 11, Scheduled Tasks, and .NET Framework.
- Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Print Spooler, Windows Kernel, Secure Kernel, Kernel Mode Drivers, .NET Framework, JScript, and VBScript.
For more info about the security fixes in this update and a complete list of affected files, see KB3163912.