This security update includes these additional improvements and fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability of Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with AppLocker failing to check for certificate revocation while verifying the binary signature.
- Addressed issue with an error that occurs when the home page of the browser is set to an extremely long URL.
- Addressed an issue where the user sometimes incorrectly gets an error notification to fix the USB device connected to Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed issue with search suggestions and suggested sites feature of the browser not working properly.
- Addressed additional issues with updates to time zone information and Internet Explorer.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Uniscribe, Internet Explorer, the Windows OS, Microsoft Graphics Component, kernel-mode driver, Windows Hyper-V, and the Windows kernel.
For more information about the security fixes included in this update, please refer to the Security Updates Guide. If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Update replacement information
This update replaces the previously released update KB3198586.
- File information
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update KB3205386. If you're installing a Windows 10 update package for the first time, the package size for the X86 version is 556 MB and the package size for the x64 version is 1040 MB.
Article ID: 4004229 - Last Review: Jan 6, 2017 - Revision: 13