This article describes update 4011161 for Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 that was released on October 10, 2017. This update has a prerequisite.
This public update delivers the first feature pack (Feature Pack 1) for SharePoint Server 2016 that contains the following features:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Auditing (preview)
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
The OneDrive for Business modern user experience requires an active Software Assurance contract at the time that it is enabled, either by installation of the public update or by manual enablement. If you don't have an active Software Assurance contract at the time of enablement, you must turn off the OneDrive for Business modern user experience. For more information, see New features included in the November 2016 Public Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (Feature Pack 1).
Improvements and fixes
- This update improves the warning message when you try to use the Psconfig command-line tool to disconnect a server from a farm. The warning message will inform you that any services running on the server, including Search if it exists, will be removed if you disconnect the server from the farm.
- This update improves the warning message when you try to use the Central Admin to delete a server. The warning message will emphasize that you should only use this mechanism to remove orphaned servers from the farm. If the server still exists, you should use PSconfig command-line tool or PowerShell to remove the server from the farm.
This update enables you to create all new sites for the existing content in the configuration of Self-Service site collection management in SharePoint Online when you migrate from SharePoint Server 2016 to SharePoint Online.
This update improves the translation of Task Mode setting name for the Spanish version of Project 2016.
This update translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.