This article describes update 4011578 for Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 that was released on December 12, 2017. This update has a prerequisite.
This public update delivers the first feature pack (Feature Pack 1) for SharePoint Server 2016 that contains the following features:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Auditing (preview)
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
The OneDrive for Business modern user experience requires an active Software Assurance contract at the time that it is enabled, either by installation of the public update or by manual enablement. If you don't have an active Software Assurance contract at the time of enablement, you must turn off the OneDrive for Business modern user experience. For more information, see New features included in the November 2016 Public Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (Feature Pack 1).
Improvements and fixes
This update includes the following improvements for SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016:
- Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
- Improves the SharePoint Health Analyzer algorithm that checks the free space in drives to handle large drives better. The algorithm will now report a warning if the free disk space is less than 10 GB, or report an error if the free disk space is less than 4 GB.
- Removes the following five Health Analyzer rules to reduce noise:
- Health Analyzer: Database has large amounts of unused space
- Health Analyzer: Alternate access URLs have not been configured
- Health Analyzer: People search relevance is not optimized when the Active Directory has errors in the manager reporting structure
- Health Analyzer: Search - One or more crawl databases may have fragmented indices
- Health Analyzer: Validate the My Site Host and individual My Sites are on a dedicated Web application and separate URL domain
How to download and install the update
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.