This security update resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1:
- MS17-022 Security update for Microsoft XML Core Services
- MS17-021 Security update for DirectShow
- MS17-020 Security update for Windows DVD Maker
- MS17-019 Security update for Active Directory Federation Services
- MS17-018 Security update for Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers
- MS17-017 Security update for Windows Kernel
- MS17-016 Security update for Internet Information Services
- MS17-013 Security update for Microsoft Graphics Component
- MS17-012 Security update for Microsoft Windows
- MS17-011 Security update for Microsoft Uniscribe
- MS17-010 Security update for Windows SMB Server
- MS17-008 Security update for Windows Hyper-V
- The security fixes that are listed in this Security Only Quality Update (4012212) are also included in March 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup 4012215. Installing either update 4012212 or 4012215 installs the security fixes that are listed here.
- This Security Only Quality Update does not include security fixes for Internet Explorer. To obtain the security fixes for Internet Explorer, Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 4012204 should also be installed. Note that the Security Monthly Quality Rollup does contain security updates for Internet Explorer.
- If you use update management processes other than Windows Update and you automatically approve all Security updates classifications for deployment, this March 2017 Security Only Quality Update, 4012212, the March 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup, 4012215, and Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 4012204 are deployed. We recommend that you review your update deployment rules to make sure the desired updates are deployed.
- This Security Only Quality Update is not applicable for installation on a computer where the Security Monthly Quality Rollup or Preview of Monthly Quality Rollup from March 2017 (or a later month) is already installed, because those updates contain all of the security fixes that are included in this Security Only Quality Update.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
How to obtain and install the update
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 file information
The MANIFEST files (.manifest) and MUM files (.mum) that are installed are not listed.