If you're unable to print after upgrading to Windows 10 or updating to the latest version of Windows 10, there are a few things you can do to fix the problem.
- Your printer manufacturer's website should have the latest software and Windows 10 drivers for your printer. For details, see Step 3: Update drivers below.
- If your printer has stopped working and you haven’t updated or upgraded Windows recently, see Fix printer problems in Windows 10.
- If your PC is running Windows 10 S, some printers might not work with it, or they might have limited functionality. For more info, see Device support on Windows 10 S.
Check if your device is in an unspecified device state
- Select the Start button, then select > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners > Related settings > Devices and printers.
- Scroll down the list of Devices to see if your printer name and icon appears in the Unspecified section.
Once you know whether your printer is in an unspecified state, follow these steps to try and fix the problem.