If you’re trying to use your printer and run into problems, here are some steps for common printer problems to try to get things working again.
- If you're running Windows 8.1 or Windows 7, see Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
- If you need help installing your printer in Windows 10, see Install a printer in Windows 10.
- If your PC is running Windows 10 S, some printers might not work with it, or they might have limited functionality. For more info, see Device support on Windows 10 S.
- If a USB printer port is missing, see USB printer port missing after disconnecting printer while Windows 10 (version 1903 or later) is shut down.
- If you're looking for help with a scanner, see Install and use a scanner in Windows 10.