Improvements and fixes
This security update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue where, after installing KB3170455 (MS16-087), users have difficulty importing printer drivers and get errors with error code 0x80070bcb.
- Addressed a rare issue where mouse input can cease to function. The mouse pointer may continue to move, but movements and clicks produce no response other than a beeping noise.
- Addressed issue where printing a document using a 32-bit application can crash a Print Server in a call to nt!MiGetVadWakeList.
Addressed issue where an unsupported hardware notification is shown and Windows Updates not scanning, for systems using the AMD Carrizo DDR4 processor or Windows Server 2012 R2 systems using Xeon E3V6 processor. For the affected system, follow the steps in the Additional Information section below to install this update.
- Security updates to Microsoft Windows PDF, Windows shell, Windows Kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Uniscribe, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows COM, and Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers. For more information about the security vulnerabilities resolved, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
|if an iSCSI target becomes unavailable, attempts to reconnect will cause a leak. Initiating a new connection to an available target will work as expected.|| |
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
- Download KB4022717 from Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Extract the CAB file from the downloaded .msu file from step 1. Note the path where you stored the CAB file for use in step 3.
- Run the DISM /Online /Add-Package command to install the update: DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: CAB file path from step 2.