This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4019217 (released May 16th, 2017) and resolves the following issues:
- Addressed issue where, after installing KB3170455 (MS16-087), users have difficulty importing printer drivers and get errors with error code 0x80070bcb.
Addressed a rare issue where mouse input can cease to function. The mouse pointer may continue to move, but movements and clicks produce no response other than a beeping noise.
- Addressed issue where printing a document using a 32-bit application can crash a Print Server in a call to nt!MiGetVadWakeList.
Addressed issue where an unsupported hardware notification is shown and Windows Updates not scanning, for systems using the AMD Carrizo DDR4 processor or Windows Server 2012 R2 systems using Xeon E3V6 processor. For the affected system, follow the steps in the Additional Information section below to install this update.
- Security updates to Microsoft Windows PDF, Windows shell, Windows Kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Uniscribe, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows COM, and Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers. For more information about the security vulnerabilities resolved, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
When you print a specific iframe or frame in a web page, the print output may be blank, or text is printed that resembles the following:
404 – Not Found
(A frame is a part of a web page or browser window that displays content independent of its container. A frame can load content independently.)
This problem has also been observed in both Internet Explorer 11, and in applications that host the IE Web Browser Control.
To resolve this issue, install the following update:
|If an iSCSI target becomes unavailable, attempts to reconnect will cause a leak. Initiating a new connection to an available target will work as expected.||Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release. |
For more information about this issue, see the following section.
- Download KB4022726 from Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Extract the CAB file from the downloaded .msu file from step 1. Note the path where you stored the CAB file for use in step 3.
- Run the DISM /Online /Add-Package command to install the update: DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: CAB file path from step 2.
Article ID: 4022726 - Last Review: Jun 23, 2017 - Revision: 5