This security update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue where, after installing KB3164035, users cannot print enhanced metafiles (EMF) or documents containing bitmaps rendered out of bounds using the BitMapSection (DIBSection) function.
- Addressed issue where displays turn off unexpectedly even when “Turn off display” is set to “Never” in Power Options.
- Addressed issue where certutil.exe can no longer generate an export file (.epf) when attempting to recover a key for a version 1 certificate.
- Addressed issue where MSI files will no longer install when Device Guard is enabled.
- Addressed issue where you eventually experience a stop error, “Read disturbance”, on your storage device when Unified Write Filter is enabled.
- Addressed issue where a thin client becomes unusable and unresponsive when Unified Write Filter (UWF) with DISK mode is enabled causing NTFS errors with ID: 55 & ID: 130 to be logged in the Event Logs.
- Addressed additional issues with updated time zone information and updates to the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Security updates to Windows COM, Microsoft Uniscribe, Windows kernel, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows Shell, Microsoft Windows PDF, Device Guard and Microsoft Edge. For more information about the security vulnerabilities resolved, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
When you print a specific iframe or frame in a web page, the print output may be blank, or text is printed that resembles the following:
404 – Not Found
(A frame is a part of a web page or browser window that displays content independent of its container. A frame can load content independently.)
This problem has also been observed in both Internet Explorer 11, and in applications that host the IE Web Browser Control.
There is currently no workaround for this issue. However, if you print the entire web page, it will print correctly.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- File information
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update KB4022727.
Article ID: 4022727 - Last Review: Jun 20, 2017 - Revision: 31