To keep your Surface Pro 3 performing its best, make sure that you have the latest Surface updates.
- How to get the update
- Improvements and fixes in the update
- Known issues and additional information about Surface Pro 3
Surface updates are released in stages – not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but it’ll be delivered to all devices. If you haven’t received an update, see Install Surface and Windows updates.
- Firmware updates can’t be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates if your Surface doesn't have them already. Only updates that apply to Surface will be downloaded and installed.
- After the updates are installed, restart your device to complete the installation process. To restart your device, select the Start button, and then select Power > Restart.
July 2019 updates
July 11 release
The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 3 devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803 or greater:
Windows Update History Name
Device Manager Name
Surface – Firmware – 3.11.2650.0
Surface UEFI – Firmware
We are listening. Quality is a top priority, and we want to keep you informed about issues impacting customers. The following is a known issue:
After you install the Sept 10 update release, you may notice that the Surface Version Information Service driver appears with a warning symbol under Other devices in Device Manager.
This issue was resolved as part of the November 7 Update release.