Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
To keep your Surface 3 performing its best, make sure that you have the latest Surface updates.
- How to get the update
- Improvements and fixes in the update
- Known issues and additional information about Surface 3
Surface updates are released in stages – not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but it’ll be delivered to all devices. If you haven’t received an update, see Install Surface and Windows updates.
- Firmware updates can’t be uninstalled or reverted to an earlier version.
- When you install the latest update, you'll also get all the previous updates if your Surface doesn't have them already. Only updates that apply to Surface will be downloaded and installed.
- After the updates are installed, restart your device to complete the installation process. To restart your device, select the Start button, and then select Power > Restart.
December 2018 updates
December 6 release
The following updates are available for all Surface 3 devices with Windows 10, version 1703 or greater:
|Windows Update History Name||Device Manager Name|
|Surface – Firmware – 1.51116.218.0|| |
Surface UEFI – Firmware
|Surface – System – 2.1.655.0|| |
Surface Platform Power Driver
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. -Bluetooth - 15.68.9125.57|| |
Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter
|Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. -Net - 15.68.9125.57|| |
Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller
We are listening. Quality is a top priority, and we want to keep you informed about issues impacting customers.
- Currently, there are no known issues.