If you forgot your Wi-Fi network password, you can find it if you have another Windows PC already connected to your Wi-Fi network. After you find your password, you can use it on another PC or device to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- On a Windows PC that’s connected to your Wi-Fi network, do one of the following, depending on which version of Windows is running on your PC:
- On Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center.
- On Windows 8.1 or 7, search for Network and, then select Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.
To learn how to find out which version of Windows you have, see Which Windows operating system am I running?
- In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name.
- In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties.
- In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box.
Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.
On another Windows PC or other device, connect to Wi-Fi as you normally would, and enter your Wi-Fi password when prompted. For more info about connecting to Wi-Fi on a Windows 10 PC, see Get online.