This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft System Center 2016 Service Manager. This article also contains the installation instructions for this update.
Issues that are fixed
- Support is added for TLS 1.2. For more information about how to set up, configure and run your environment to use TLS 1.2, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 4051111 TLS 1.2 Protocol Support Deployment Guide for System Center 2016
- Configuration Manager Connectors in Service Manager now support System Center Configuration Manager 1710.
- Self Service Portal navigation links do not work when the menu is in expanded state.
- Regex validation rules are not honored in the Request Offering form elements.
- Date/time type fields reset the value that is stored to 12:00 A.M. for certain time values. For example, this issue occurs when the translated time value in Coordinated Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time) is 00:00 hours.
- The changes in a Business service are overwritten if the Business service is a related item in a service request (SR) template that is being used to create an SR from Self Service Portal.
How to obtain Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2016 Service Manager
Update packages for Service Manager are available by manual download.
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Download Center:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Installation instructions for Service Manager
Before the installation
Before you apply this update, follow these steps:
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Make sure that the Data Warehouse Server has successfully synchronized with the Management Server at least one time.
- Make sure that the update is installed on the Service Manager components in the following order:
- Data Warehouse Server
- Primary Management Server
- Secondary Management Servers
- Self Service Portal Server
- All Analyst Consoles
- If any customizations have been made in the portal sidebar by following the steps that are in the "Customizing the left menu bar" section of this document, make a backup of the Views\Shared\Sidebar.cshtml file.
- Download the update to a destination folder. This update contains both the x86-based version and the x64-based version. Download the appropriate version for your system.
- Open the destination folder, and then right-click the downloaded file from step 1.
- Click Run as administrator.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
After the installation
- Restart all the consoles as soon as the update is installed.
- If any customizations were backed up for portal sidebar (as mentioned in "Before the installation" steps), merge the required changes in the updated Views\Shared\Sidebar.cshtml file.
Restart the system that is hosts your portal server that runs IIS.