Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue introduced by KB4032695 where Internet Explorer 11 may close unexpectedly when you visit some websites.
- Addressed issue with custom default associations that are not applied properly in some upgrade or reset scenarios.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer 11 where a text node returned from the DOMParser may be incorrect when MutationObserver for childList and subtree is active.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer 11 where a crash can occur in limited scenarios when using the Find feature (Ctrl+F).
- Addressed issue where the onhashchange event fails to trigger when navigating some hashed URLs in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue where the NewWindow3 event handler is never called in a managed WebBrowser class of .NET 4.6.
- Addressed issue that can cause cursor flicker when hovering over a popup menu option in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer 11 crashes when a user clicks on an empty column header and then quickly does a Shift + double-click.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer 11 crashes with certain Browser Helper Objects after the July Internet Explorer updates.
- Addressed issue where certain elements (input or select) cannot be active targets of any action in Internet Explorer 11. This occurs after removing an iframe that contained a cursor inside certain elements (input or select) and adding a new iframe.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows Search, Windows shell, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, the .NET Framework, Windows Virtualization, the Windows Server, Windows Storage and File Systems, Datacenter Networking, Microsoft NTFS, ASP .NET, and Microsoft PowerShell.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
After installing the security updates for CVE-2017-8563, administrators need to set registry key LdapEnforceChannelBinding to enable the fix for the CVE. For more information about setting the registry key, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 4034879.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4025338.