Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addressed issue introduced by KB4022723 where Internet Explorer 11 may close unexpectedly when you visit some websites.
- Addressed issue with race condition that causes Lync Edge servers to randomly crash (Stop Error D1). Any active, open session within a federated domain loses connectivity for conference calls, instant messaging, etc.
- Addressed issue with memory leaks in the nonpaged pool with the "NDnd" tag, which causes the OS to crash.
- Addressed issue with race condition that occurs when two threads try to reconstruct the hash table simultaneously.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer 11 stops responding when a user clicks an empty column header and then immediately holds down the SHIFT key and double-clicks.
- Addressed issue where the NewWindow3 event handler is never called in a managed WebBrowser class of .NET 4.6.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer 11 where a text node returned from the DOMParser may be incorrect when MutationObserver for childList and subtree is active.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer 11 where a crash can occur in limited scenarios when using the Find feature (Ctrl+F).
- Security updates to the Windows shell, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Search, Windows kernel, Windows kernel-mode drivers, the .NET Framework, Windows Server, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and File Systems, Datacenter Networking, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft PowerShell, Microsoft Edge, and the Microsoft Scripting Engine.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
How to get this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for cumulative update 4025339.