- To launch the app, select Start and select Alarms & Clock from the app list or type its name into the search box.
- Alarms and timers work even if the app is closed or your device is locked. If you see a warning that notifications only show if the device is awake, make sure your device doesn’t go to sleep (Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep to adjust your device’s sleep settings).
- Keep your laptop or tablet plugged in and make sure the volume on your device is high enough to hear the alarm or timer.
- To respond to an alarm, select Snooze, or Dismiss the alarm to stop it entirely.
- If you need to change the time zone of your clock, go to Settings > Time & language > Date & time. Use the drop down menu under time zone to choose your preferred time zone.
To add a location and compare times from around the world:
Select World Clock, and then New at the bottom.
Type the first few letters of a location, and then select it in the list. If you don't see the one you want, try another location in the same time zone.
Select Compare (the two clocks), and then select a time on the slider at the bottom. Select a location on the map to change which place the slider is referring to.
To stop comparing times, select Cancel , or press Esc.