Microsoft Store on Windows 10 asks for your password every time you buy something. To simplify purchasing and skip the password step:
- Open Microsoft Store and select (three dots) next to the search box.
- Go to Settings > Purchase sign-in.
- Turn the switch to On.
This will let you buy from Microsoft Store without entering a password.
Your other devices will not be affected until you change the setting on each one.
This setting applies to in-app purchases.
Microsoft Store on Xbox One asks for your password every time you buy something. To simplify purchasing and skip the password step:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey. You might be asked to enter your password to protect your account.
Choose Change my sign-in & security preferences.
Scroll right and select Customize.
- Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases, then choose Passkey not required.